1. Click on Scheduling menu
2. In the panel, to the right of the menu, select the Shifts section
LIST OF SHIFTS
1. The shift list exposes, for a scheduling group, all existing shifts for the current and future periods.
2. You can use the search field to find a shift quicker.
3. 3 options available directly from the shifts list.
A. Personal moments: only available with Standard and Advanced plan.
B. Show moments
C. Phone numbers
CREATE A SHIFT
1. Click on Create a shift button
2. Enter the Shift name. Maximum 40 characters.
3. Select the Shift type:
A. On-call: used for shifts that are on call or for responsibilities that need to be joined.
B. Normal: used for clinical tasks with physician's attendance.
4. Description: optional field. The information in this description will only be displayed when a shift is selected in the personal or group calendar, in the right pane with all the details
5. Start period: identify from which period this shift should be added. The available periods are the actual and the one in future. So if for example, the current period is selected, the shift will be added to it and all future existing periods.
6.Time slots and time blocks selection:when selecting the time slots, depending on the selection made, the blocking of some other boxes will be done automatically, to avoid configuration errors. The logic that applies is as follows: for a selected time slot, the opening of time slots included in the selected one becomes impossible. For example, when opening the day boxes, the AM and PM boxes become unavailable because they are inclusive of the day.
Important: the hours on a time slot are only indicative. This is the time slot that manages
the entire configuration on a shift. So it is important that the hours you select on a time
slot make sense with it. Try to avoid: If you select an AM slot and change the hours for
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, the impact of the shift blocking will only apply to the AM shift and not
to the whole day.
7. By clicking on a time slot open in blue, it is possible to modify the default configurations:
A. Holidays management: does this shift need to be open or closed during holidays
or is it only a time slot for holidays?
B. Selecting the All day option will default from midnight to midnight, with no possibility to change these times. If you have 24 hour shift and midnight is not the start time, do not use this option.
C. Start time: start time of the shift
D. End time: end time of the shift
E. Minimum requirement / Maximum requirement: are the minimum and maximum number of physicians that can be scheduled for this time slot.
F. Units: the unit is the accounting of a shift in the equity counters.
G. Apply à:
- Only this time slot: change applies only to this slot for this day
- All open time slots: change applies to all open time slots of the same type.
8. Multiple blocks: the multiple blocks simplify the allocation of assignment. A multiple block is composed of various time slots on more than 1 day, which allows to assign the same resource in one click via the planning tool. There are multiple blocks available, but if you can not find the multiple block configuration that fits your needs, do not hesitate to make a request to our customer support team.
Important: Multiple blocks are not available with the Basic plan
9. Click on Apply to save the change in the right time slot. During the application, the modified values should be the ones you just modified.
10.When the configuration is complete, click Save to complete the creation of this shift.
11. While saving the new shift, a box opens to allow you to directly manage the skills of members who can to this shift. You can make the changes immediately or make them later via the skills section.
12. Once completed, you will have a diagnosis confirming the creation of the new shift and it will be in the list of shifts.
Important: Don't forget to go in the configuration tab when you add a new shift to configure the rights you will give to your group for this shift.
EDIT A SHIFT
1. Click on Pencil corresponding to the shift to modify.
2. The information in the Description section can all be changed:
A. Shift name
B. Shift type
D. Start period: the chosen period will mark the first period from which the change applies
E. Personal moments: only available with Standard and Advanced plans
F. Show moments
G. Show phone numbers
3. The already existing slots can not be deleted, however, the information of the slots can be modified by clicking on the blue cell. New time slots can also be opened, according to the applicable logic of the time slots which can not be inclusive one in the other. If you want to completely change the structure of a shift, please delete it and create a new one.
4. When the changes are complete, click Save to confirm saving the information.
5. While saving, the skills management panel opens to allow you to make adjustments to who can do this shift. If no change is required, click on Define later or Save, without having change anything.
DELETE A SHIFT
1. Click on the trash of the line corresponding to the shift to delete.
2. If the trash can not be accessed, assignments still exist on this type of shift.
A. By positioning your mouse on the trash, you will get the information of the last period with assignments.
B. If you really want to delete the shift, you will have to remove all the assignments on this one from today's date and for the future. Only after this action will the deletion become available.
3. If the trash is available (blue) and you delete the shift, you will have to confirm the deletion by answering Yes to the confirmation message. The shift will therefore be removed from the list of shift for current and future periods.